Place family instance on multiple sheets

I’m struggling to figure this out. We use a Preliminary Stamp on our sheets until they are submitted for permits. I did a script to remove them from all sheets successfully. Now I need to develop one to add them to all the sheets and I can’t seem to find a node(s) to do it. Any advice is much appreciated!!

I would put the stamp into my title block and assign a visibility type parameter to it. Every sheet would then get the stamp. Then before you print you just check/uncheck the box in the titleblock family type and its turn off for all sheets. Create a shared parameter for sheets and then you can set a default value or control what it says as well.

That’s not a bad idea. However, there are many people that I would have to convince to do something different they have done forever…ugh

Create a detached model and separate sheet template. Set it up and do it. This should really only take 30 minutes at most. Show them how easy it is. Sometimes showing is easier than explaining.

1 Like

You have to create the object in the view. Check out the thread below.

The issue is that it is not in a view…it’s just “pasted” on the sheet. I played with the idea of copy and paste but didn’t get very far.

Sheets are Views as far as Revit is concerned. The point here is that annotation families tend to be view specific and therefore need to be created within a specific view. The thread I posted explains this and mentions two of the more common custom nodes for placing items in views.

Thank you so much for that explanation of sheets being views according to Revit. And for the Archilab suggestion. I got it to work!