Place bore hole detail item at exact coordinates

Place Bore Hole at coordinates.dyn (41.4 KB)
i want to place bore hole detail family at location mentioned in .csv file. I did a small trial, but its not working. Is it because there is no z coordinate mentioned.

i try placing the family at coordinate shown above

1 Like

My guess is that the coordinates need to be transformed into the files internal coordinate system. Try placing a family instance on a point at the origin (0,0,0) and see what coordinates you get there.

You can check out the many other forum posts on the topic for solutions.

Is there a level description or any other way to know the elevation?

If it is just one list per level, that might work in the abovegroundlevels where there is just one plate running through, but would not be sufficient for most unterground levels of most projects.

If you need to place on a level, it’s probably easiest to just get the level you need, and grab that elevation to fill-out your z-values. Also depends on the type of family you use and it’s placement settings.

If you need to place elements basedon a shared coordinate system, you need to translate the coordinates. geniusloci has nodes which will help.

If you are working in millimeters,you will probably bump into issues with large numbers in revit / dynamo.

@jacob.small and @m.owens
Thank you for your reply. The 0,0 coordinate is the coordinate of Project Base Point. The script is behaving well for 3D family (Pile Cap)(see the attached image). When i run scipt to place family at (0,0) , it places family correctly on Project Base Point.

i want to use this script on 2D family (Bore Hole Symbol). when i run the script with detail family, script places the family somewhere is project and it is not visible. when i search by ID, Revit says no good view to view.

Hi @pics.munmun if it a detail family you will place, these are viewspecific…try clockworks familyisntance.by point in view

1 Like

@sovitek
Its giving null value

seems you are in 23 or 24, be sure you have dynamoironpython package installed…PS…spring havea node as well for detail

i tried with other nodes to place family in Revit, all working fine with 3d families. having same issue with detail 2d family.

could you share that family ?

for your reference @sovitek

thanks, it works fine here…does it work if you manueely insert ? do you have some filters and check the "bring to front, send to back options…

i am still getting the values as null. I have already installed dynamoironpython package.

guees you miss current document inserted into document active view

2 Likes

Try starting a new project, load the family in question into it, and try generating a single instance of the family in the first floor plan using the FamilyInstance.ByPointInView node.

If that fails:

• Double click on the custom node to open it up
  • Use CTRL + A to seelct everything
  • Use CTRL + C to copy everything
  • Switch back to the main graph
  • Use CTRL + V to paste the stuff from the custom node into the active workspace
  • Wire in the previous inputs for the custom node
  • Review and address any warnings which are produced
1 Like

hi @jacob.small
script is working fine with 2D detail family in new project but not in my working project

Ok - what error message do you get when placing one instance in your project when you use the extracted version of the simple graph?