Place a new Coupling on the existing Conduit

Hi, everyone

my research didn’t yield any results,
is it possible using Dynamo/Python?

Should be doable as long as your coupling family is set up to where the insertion point is the same as the centerline of the conduit. Assuming you are just placing couplings at every so many feet apart. Get the location of the conduit, which should return a curve. Split the curve up into points by distance and place the couplings at those calculated points. Starting point would be based on the start point of the conduit. Use the vector of the curve to provide the orientation of the coupling.

I don’t deal with conduit and/or piping, so really just shooting from the hip with my suggestion.

2 Likes

It’s definitely possible with python, probably possible without it, but I suspect you’d need download some packages to make it work.

You’d need to do a handful of things:

• Retrieve the coupling family
  • Identify the point on the conduit where you want to insert the coupling
  • Identify the gap between the two connectors on the coupling family
  • Split the conduit by editing the original conduit, and then copying it over
  • Insert the coupling such that the connectors on the couplings align with the empty connectors on the conduit
  • Connect everything back up
2 Likes

Hi You could try play around with OpenMep package…

Revit_CT1u7hE3yu

1 Like

Thank you, looks good, but I can’t see this package…

I have installed it, but don’t see any nodes available.

Update:
I manually copied the “2.12” folder packages into “2.10”, where my nodes reside

The only problem now is that it disconnects one side of the edited conduit

Hi @S1arhei yes you will probably need connect again OpenMep have nodes for that as well…connector.connect.into…here is an other example try and see if it is more stable…
Revit_e3WE3C2Pka
tessetconduit.dyn (50.2 KB)

1 Like

Hi @S1arhei lets continue here instead of pm…thx…try as here and see if it more stable for you and play around with it…i use ampersand, openmep, mepover…

Revit_a2snGp0dHW

PS and genius loci

1 Like