Piles position from excel (XYZ)

Hello Everyone.
I have started to use dynamo for 3 week and I am struggling sometimes. So I started my Dynamo View and I need to set some piles in my Revit model from Excel File (X,Y). Apparently, It is working well without warning. But I checked the coordinates in model and they were wrong. Could anyone help me, please?

Thanks,

Pascasio

1 Like

try using the familyinstance.bypointandlevel node instead this way the piles will be associated to a level (x,y,level z) and not just drawn at (x,y,0).

Noticed your also using a beam family which I believe would require a curve to placed correctly in revit. So I think you would need two points (x,y,level z) and (x,y,bottom of pile z)

Thank Donald for your answer. You are right, that was wrong. But It is not my issue. My origin point is the project base point which is not (0,0,0) for that reason I think coordinate piles are different of my excel file. I would like to coordinate the piles from my survey point which is (0,0,0).

I have tried to use this as well but it doesn’t work well. How could I set the angle to the true north? Any idea, please.

Capture

1 Like

I wanted to try something similar, rather than columns were sprinklers, but I had some problems with this routine, anyone help me?

1 Like

Hi Jose,

I advise don’t compare columns with sprinklers. Sprinklers are hosted families placed on ceiling plans. From you graph your feeding string to “PointsByCartesianCoordinates” you need to use code block or standard number node. If you want to place sprinklers you can use “Select Face” node and then divide points then use “FamilyInstance.ByPoint”. Good Luck!

excellent

if you set right GPS coordinate point in your project, unclipped your survey point and right-click on the icon, choose Move to Startup Location, run your Dynamo again and see the miracle