Path Of Travel, Common Paths

Hi,

I am currently doing a project, where I am supposed to find common paths of travel in a room towards the exit. At this stage I have filled the entire room with starting points and the ending points were set to the location of the exit doors in the room. Using the path of travel create method I was able to create a ton of paths. And I was able to convert them to curves too!. I am stuck and want to know if there is an way to solve my problem and analyze all the path of travel lines.

Basically, find if any part of the path of travel line intersects or becomes joined with a line that is used by another path of travel element and then isolate them.

My final idea was to make all the joined path of travel elements into a single element.

I am waiting for a probable solution to my problem

Hello @asure12 and welcome here…its best if you show your graph where you are stock then it easier to help and get help…

2 Likes

I would expand your path curves in at least two dimensions to give yourself an acceptable path width as well as an allowable overlap. Then you can get the intersection of individual geometries to find where they form a similar pathway. You’re going to have to play around with some things and see what gives you the kind of outcome you’re expecting, but it should be doable.

1 Like

Hi, Thank You for your reply. Could elaborate please!

My understanding from your reply is to convert my path of travel lines in to a box from the set path width and find out if there at any regions of the box the any other path of travel line intersect each other?

Waiting for your response!!

Exactly. That will get you some information on how frequently a path gets used.