Help with Identifying common Paths

Hi, I am currently researching find about Path Of Travel.

At the moment I have a list of Path of Travel Elements, that I have generated in dynamo using the create method. The Path of travel lines look at two different locations. One towards one point and the other towards the other point. In my program I have generated the starting points on random and I currently have over 60 Paths for each end point.

I would like to create a program which takes in the 60 paths and analyzes I analyze the path of travel elements and determine the most common point in the paths that the path of travel element has taken and extract that point for further project development.

The most common point cannot be the starting or the ending point.

My current issue is that I hoping if there are any efficient ways to do achieve this task. As my current approach is Extracting the curves of each path of travel element and extracting the start and end points of each line and goin through several loops where each starting/ending point draws a vector to the starting/ending point of the lines from the other path of travel element and extracts length of the vector to determine if the length is less than 1ft of distance and increase the check value which gets added to list with the selected point. In the end find the maximum check value and extract point and send it output.

I haven’t implemented my approach yet but I am 100% sure that my approach will cause my system to not respond or sometimes even crash as generating the 120 path of travel elements takes around 10 seconds

Awaiting for someone to help me with this as there isn’t many resources available. :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

I would recommend you look into using vasa for this.

Take all the paths, get the geometry, build a Voxel model for each path and count the commonalities at each Voxel.

1 Like

@jacob.small Thank You for your response, Could You Please Elaborate and
Does Get the Geometry mean extract curves of the path of travel elements or do you expect me create a rectangles with a width of feet along the path of travel line? To build the Voxel Model?

Extract the curves. Vasa will do the pixelization for you.

1 Like