Path array with specific distance and specific levels in revit

PAth array.dyn (29.2 KB)
Hello everyone, Currently I have this dynamo script which is like a path array in AutoCAD, In which we select a path(model Line for example ) and a family (columns for example ) and assign the families to follow the specific path ( model Line) my problems/questions are :
1-This script is currently placing the families at Level 1or level 2 etc. … , but I want also to specify the levels parameters . For example when I am assigning the families on this path I want them also to be placed from level 1 till level 3 for example or from level 1 till level 4 etc…
2- How Can I create a specific distance between each family . ( assign the families on this path with a distance of 1 meter between each family for example )

You can take Levels you want as below and apply them to be placed.

Path array with Levels.dyn (25.5 KB)
Thanks Kim, But do you know what’s is the problem here I , the families/concrete columns are not being placed From level 1 till level 3 for example

Then, you have to make translated points for each level using Level.Elevation node.

Thank you so much for your help but I didn’t get you exactly, I am really new to dynamo . what exactly do I need to do . Where should I use the Level.Elevation node

Before that… why the last node of mine retuns null??? it shoud be sloved first.

It was just in the photo , it is correct but still Its not working the way I want . again thanks a lot but do you know how we can fix this

See attached… It’s not very complicated… but it’s complicated in words… :disappointed_relieved:
Enjoy. :slight_smile:
Path array with Levels_EnjoyRevit.dyn (37.2 KB)

Thanks a lot Kim You are the best . It is working just a simple question can it place one column from level 1 to 3 for example , not two columns one from level 1 to 2 and one from 2 to 3 ?Only one column from level 1 till 3
Again I really appreciate the help

Then, just place a column at start level, and change Top Level paramter of the Column using SetParameter. You need to use upper level of the last one in this case.

Thanks a lot Kim . Wish you the best

1 Like

Path Rotation Distance.dyn (49.3 KB)
Hi Kim again thank you for your help , but do you know how I can combine the concept of this script with the one you just gave me . The dynamo script here is a path array which rotates objects , but at the same time I want them to be placed from level 1 to 3 like the one you gave me .
Again I really appreciate

the help

Now I have no pc. You’d better study a little more about Dynamo nodes first. No offence, but there is no one who can build your whole graph here.

Thanks for the advice . I appreciate the help though . I will try and learn more about dynamo nodes