Parking Family Renumber

Hello everyone!
I have this script from a youtube video, and it works in some rvt project properly, but in another one it doesn´t work as I want.
The main problem is that in a brand new project it gives a numebr to each Parking Tag in the order stablished by the spline line model.
But in another .rvt it rename the tags but it seems like there are same Marks in the same place that are untraceable, because there are no duplicated elements.
I don´t know if maybe anyone knows waht the problem is.
Thanks, by the way.

@aleji.casta ,

Can you share the script and some screenshots :wink:

KR

Andreas

Yes, I’ve seen that script before.
That’s not the way to manage parking stalls.
Some basic nested families (line based and some arc based arrays) are the way to go. No dynamo needed. Tag runs of parking. Sort and count by parking field. Get cool stuff for rendering. Trim and extend runs.

are there any shared elements in the parking family?

In the one I designed. Yes.

• A shared wheelstop. These can be turned on and off.
  • A shared stripe. Same stripe is instance based and I have options for the right end stripe, left end stripe, and curb stripe.
  • A shared parking stall. Simple lines used for coarse level of detail.

The families have a Parking Field parameter so I can have Lot A, Lot B, Garage, etc. The schedule gives me subtotals for each lot. I can schedule the stalls, and the wheel stops separately or together for estimating,

I built simple straight runs with all the sizes from mototcycle to RV/Trucks. Angled parking for any angle. Parrell parking. Back to back rows that can be tagged as one run or tagged per each side. The double run has grip offsets for unequal counts on the two sides. A garage run that is two runs with an isle. Makes laying out sloped parking decks fast. Also have ADA runs, ADA groups, Single stalls for when you just need one spot., etc, etc.

Robust content can save a lot of programing time and the two should work together. I have some basic layout tools but slowly working to the point where I can automate the whole mess.

if those shared elements also have the category parking, or similar to the parking spot those are the ones receiving the ghost number. try filtering the shared elements.

They all are parking categories and all can be scheduled in any way I chose. They all have CSI divisions, keynotes, Omniclass identifiers and model indicators. Not difficult at all.

ì understand, but those elements are getting the numbers you vcannot trace. get all elements of category in Dynamo is really getting all elements of category. also the shared elements.

I need no Dynamo for any of this.
100% Pure Revit. Always up-to-date. No need to run a program. And that’s the point. I see a lot of solution chasing a problem. This is something Revit does very weel with no need for special programing.

…and yes - I can trace them if I need to. One simple FilteredElementCollector is all that is needed. But I don’t need to. I could tell you which stall is in which row and where in the row.

I could do it without shared families. But it is much more robust with shared families. We have lots of other parking elements as well. Not just stalls. Turn arrows, crosswalks drive lane stripes, etc etc. Having these all as parking makes visibility control much simpler - rather than a bunch of cr*p under Generic Models.

This is literally like 3-4 minutes of work with the right content.
All the islands are parametric families. Rolled curbs or cast curbs. Choice of island materials. Wheel stop or not.
Only thing I have to program is the random placement of cars and their random colors.
122 spaces reported in the schedule as everything was drawn.

This is the srcipt, and after a lot of seeking, I found out that it was because of the Design Options, so I didn´t know the sript was counting each element on the model.

Do you know if it is possible to create an sript, or modify this one in order to only give a number to the elements visible in the view?

Yes, you can and will have to sort not only by design options, but also by phase.

Really?
How can I do that? (it is my firts time using Dynamo, so I´m not an expert)
Thanks.