Parametric filled region according to diameter

Hi guys, I am new to Dynamo and I am struggling to create a parametric configuration that defines my filled region (which is a circle) of a detail item to change colour according to its diameter. Idk f I was

Any chances anyone has a clue how to do this?

Thanks heaps

Welcome to the community.

Are you running into errors, unintended outputs, or do you need information of types of nodes to use? Generally speaking, you’ll get faster responses if you can provide screenshots showing your current progress so that there’s a starting point to troubleshoot. It also helps to expand on what your task is, or what you expect the final result to be in case a user can offer alternative direction.

Are you expecting the colors to be assigned by gradients, or by a list of swatches?

3 Likes

Hello,

here is a possible way

In the proposal it cuts the circle into 3 parts instead of 2 but still works (strange)

script:
forum anglais 28 septembre.dyn (50.5 KB)

Cordially
christian.stan

2 Likes

Hola Amiga Camila @camirozario buenas. not a solution just some ideas play with mathematical operations take care that you have variable ranges between 0 and 255 to be able to change the color using Color.byRGB, i let you the .dyn to!!
Color by Diameter.dyn (19.7 KB)

2 Likes

Hi everyone, first @Robert_Younger thanks for the suggestion. I am used to the GH interface but not Dynamo, at first I was very confused with the nodes I had to use to achieve my result. Thanks @gilberto.arechigaiba and @christian.stan for providing interesting solutions! I ended up working with @gilberto.arechigaiba definition and just tweaked it a bit so I could have a predefined set of R,G,B values assigned to limited values of diameters :slight_smile: It works beuatifully! Also I would like to ask if I use this filled region in REVIT now will it change the fill colour following those parameters or can I only achieve this inside of the Dynamo interface?

Thanks! I am sharing my def ( even tho it is basically what was shared here with a few tweaks)
Color by Diameter.dyn (27.3 KB)

2 Likes

Hola amiga Cami @camirozario buenas. I’m glad to know that it helped you, I don’t know how much is possible to manipulate the colors in Revit from Dynamo but apparently there are options, maybe some option works, I leave you links to post and to the dictionary, sorry this week I don’t have much time to test, I have to make the Deployments for the new versions, I miss just being a designer! :smiling_face_with_tear:

https://dictionary.dynamobim.com/#/Revit/Filter/OverrideGraphicSettings/Action/Detail%20Level(cutFillColor_Color-projectionFillColor_Color-cutLineColor_Color-projectionLineColor_Color-cutFillPattern_FillPatternElement-projectionFillPattern_FillPatternElement-cutLinePattern_LinePatternElement-projectionLinePattern_LinePatternElement-cutLineWeight_int-projectionLineWeight_int-transparency_int-detailLevel_string-halftone_bool)

https://dictionary.dynamobim.com/#/Revit/Elements/Element/Action/OverrideInView

Hello @camirozario probably something here

1 Like