Parameter value changes without modification

Hey guys,

i dont know whats going wrong.
The parameter of my element changes without any modification.
I made a dyn. in which i can move a element in revit using a number slider, then im getting its parameter (lets say the length of a pipe) to excel.
So when i dont change anything and press on execute multiple times the length in excel changes. Although i did not modify anything… How can this be?

Hey!

It would help if you showed us your script so we can see what you’re working with and what may cause this

Hey sure.

so the red one are my sliders. Blue is the elements i selected. Black is the the input to excel (yellow). So when i change red, the elements (blue) in revit are moving. Then im getting the parameters from the elements (black) into excel (yellow).
green is also data to another excel sheet from the sliders.

to repeat myself: when im not changing anything and press execute multiple times, the parameter values are changing…

Zoom in close enough so that the nodes are legible and then use “Export as Image” in the top right of the Dynamo window. Be sure to also have the node preview bubbles pinned so we can actually see the data moving through the graph. Beyond all that, it would also be very helpful if you could pinpoint this to a specific element or area of your graph as it’s very large and most people aren’t going to want to check every single node in your graph just to find the initial issue.

I’d also ask why you’re running the graph multiple times without making any changes? If it works fine when you run it the first time and then breaks after multiple consecutive runs in the same session I’d just say don’t run it more than once per session - which is already best practice for finished graphs.

2 Likes

Hey Nick,

i cant upload the image as you described, because its too large then (max. 80 megapixels).

To answer your question: im running it multiple times to test it. I cant tell if by first run through my output is correct.

When using Export as Image through Dynamo? I’ve never heard of the file size bloating like that.

I have had the same issue before.

I also have a script that i assume is so large it just crashes Dynamo as soon as i try to export an image. It gives me the following error and just exits Dynamo when i try to export the graph as an image with the camera button:

The image data generated an overflow during processing.

at System.Windows.Media.Renderer.Render(IntPtr pRenderTarget, Channel channel, Visual visual, Int32 width, Int32 height, Double dpiX, Double dpiY, Matrix worldTransform, Rect windowClip)
at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapVisualManager.Render(Visual visual, Matrix worldTransform, Rect windowClip)
at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapVisualManager.Render(Visual visual)
at Dynamo.Views.WorkspaceView.SaveWorkspaceAsImage(String path)
at Dynamo.ViewModels.DynamoViewModel.OnRequestSaveImage(Object sender, ImageSaveEventArgs e)
at Dynamo.ViewModels.DynamoViewModel.SaveImage(Object parameters)
at Dynamo.ViewModels.DynamoViewModel.ShowSaveImageDialogAndSaveResult(Object parameter)
at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

For reference the size of my graph:

@dr96, @MVE1112

Please post this graph to the github as a new issue so the dev team can look into the problem and adjust the tooling as needed; otherwise they can’t improve the program for us all.

Will do!

I assume it has something to do with the total width of the image.

I am not able to export this graph:

When i move the top right corner slightly more towards the centre like below i am able to export an image (14mb):

I will cleanse my file from contractor and client names and upload it to github this weekend.

1 Like

Thank you!

Just did :v: