Parameter and Override 3D

Hello everyone,

This is my third post here, and I would like to get your input

I’m trying to create a dynamo script that will do the following:

looking at a specific Parameter and If it doesn’t have a value in the Parameter, I want to override the color in a 3D view.

I’m having trouble filtering out elements without a value and then combining that with changing the color using “element.overrideColorInView”

Thank you

FilterByBoolMask requires booleans with which to filter your list. In your case, this would be a comparison of values to find which are blank. Then you would filter the original list of elements based on their conditional results.

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the input.

I included the Booleans, but upon inspecting the Watch, there is no visible information.

You need an actual condition so that each element passes or fails. In your case that’s whether elementValue == "" or not. Then you need to filter the elements by that list of conditional booleans.

1 Like

Hey Nick,

thank you for the help. I’m still not having hard time following.

I’d suggest you work through the Dynamo Primer and do all the examples to get familiar with the Dynamo basics then. You can always reach out with questions on specifics as you go.

1 Like

Hi Nick,

I believe I’ve figured out the filter aspect. In the red I’ve identified 6483 elements that lack a value in the specified parameter.

However, when I use (Element.OverrideColorInView), it triggers a warning, and there’s no observable change in my 3D view.

Can input on how I can fix it that ?

Thank you

You’re filtering and then trying to override the graphics of the value instead of the element. Make sure you filter the element list so you’re working with the elements and not the values.

1 Like