Override - Halftone Linked file

Hi I am working on this dynamo script which helps in halftoning linked Revit link in my model.
it is not generating any error but it is not producing desired result either.
please see attached dynamo and snapshot of script. TIA.

Halftone arch link - 2.dyn (17.6 KB)

Hi @kmarwalaNF2SW ,

This is not possible in the Revit API.

See this topic:

While the RVT Links tab is not accessible, you can still override an individual link instance as a whole. I believe the issue with your graph is that you’re feeding the ElementType instead of the RevitLinkInstance.

you mean like this?

Did that work?

Ah. I see you’re providing a template instead of a view. The view overrides are only for views. There’s nothing in a template that has an element level override. This is the same as using Override Graphics in View.

thanks for ur reply, is there anyway to achieve this goal without having to do this for each view template?

yes, is there anyway to achieve this goal without having to do this for each view template?
thank you for replying

That depends on what you mean. You would already have to do this for each template. There’s no global override at the project level. Dynamo makes this much faster though.

1. You could assign the halftone at the view level, using the nodes you are now. Of course with any new views or new instances the graph would have to be run again. However you could run this freely any time those situations occur.

2. You could create a template with the halftone assigned to RVT Links and use Dynamo to apply those template overrides to all existing templates. This gets you your intended outcome but requires that none of the templates have RVT Link controls at the time. You wouldn’t have to rerun the graph except for new templates in this case, which at that point may not be necessary.

Hi @kmarwalaNF2SW see attached dynamo file, I use this to turn models on and off across multiple view templates but you should be able to add in your graphics override setting and apply them to the template you need.

Hope it helps :wink:
Best,
Jonny

Visiblity of Revit Link in Mutiple View Templates.dyn (68.6 KB)

hi,

thank you for sharing your script and i will try to put my override my setting using this.

Thanks much,
Khushboo

Hi Nick,

I will try these options as well.

Thanks

Hi,

This script is not working even for individual view template, not generating any errors but not achieving the goal either.

Halftone arch link - 2.dyn (16.1 KB)

please find attached dynamo script.

Thank you

Can you share a screenshot of where you’re at now?

Here is the screenshot of script:

That looks the same as the previous screenshot. As I mentioned above, you have two workarounds to get you your intended results: override in view (not template) like you are now or assign template overrides to view templates.

While this API method can sometimes override instances in a template (as shown by @jonnyhaslett), that is not its purpose and often doesn’t work correctly or at all. If you were to try and do this process manually in Revit you’d see that it’s not possible. You need to use one of the workarounds in order to have a consistent solution.