Override Element Halftone Bug? EDIT: Override Nested Families Findings

Dear Fam,

I am hoping someone can help shed some light on odd behavior I am experiencing when using OverrideGraphicSettings for halftone on elements in a view.
Revit 2022
Dynamo 2.12

Basic utilization (in Python Node):

ogs = OverrideGraphicSettings()
ogs.SetHalftone(True)
for ele in eles:
	view.SetElementOverrides(ele.Id, ogs)

After running, the element override halftone checkbox is filled with a square, not checked, and not empty however as mentioned, it can now either be checked, unchecked or filled with completely. While having the boxed filled, the element remains unaltered (not halftone). This is only available after running the script. Before the script, only checking and unchecking the box manually is allowed. Anybody experience this off behavior or am I missing something? Thank you.

OGS_01

OGS_02
OGS_03

This is just typical behavior for “non-uniform” settings in a selection. It means that you have both “checked” and “unchecked” Halftone settings within your current selection of elements.

So something is preventing your code from updating all the elements you’ve provided. We’ll need more information, and maybe a model, in order to help you any further.

Thanks Nick and good point, perhaps there could be something in the way. I shall do some try and excepts and more troubleshooting and will update if I find anything.

In case anyone else may run into this issue, I will leave my findings here to share. Upon further investigation, I found that nested families or families with multiple parts did not behave the same when halftoned programmatically versus natively in Revit. Programmatically, I had to halftone the main family and all of its subcomponents to get it to fully halftone whereas manually in Revit one could right click the main family and check Halftone. Hope this helps someone but if anyone has a better way, please share!

1 Like