Orchid node Worked in Revit 2020 but not in 2023

OK I am stumped I have a dynamo script that gets a list of families in a folder (state seals) and i pick the one i want and it replaces a family with the same name in a border family that is open. This worked fine in Revit 2020 but now with Revit 2023 it says I need to be in a project for the same script to work. does anyone have a work around?

Thanks in advance
Add Seals_script.dyn (82.8 KB)

Hi,

Do you have the right version installed?
Check the github site for the right version.

yes even double checked the site for a newer version. I also reached out to orchid on git hub and they responded that they are testing it right now. I was wondering if anyone knew of another way to bypass the orchid node.

ok got a respond from orchid and there was a change (ugh) now I need to use a new node for family (insert Vin Diesel quote lol). but his new node cant be from a string. so now I need to get a directory path with a family in that path to be converted from a string. below is his comment

aha, that was why I could not replicate the error. The error message says it all… This node works only in a project file, not in a family document file!
If the target is a family document, then use the comparative node for families :slight_smile:
If it had worked earlier must it be and older version you have of my package, I have added a test there should test if it is a project og a family document now…
However, I did made some missing cases of nodes while testing, so next version will have more nodes for loading families :slight_smile:

In time, the best way to bypass package quirks is to explore Python in my experience. This particular case would be one to work your way up to, but in the event it helps, I believe this is the key portion of API needed:

I recall clockwork having a python node that does this, but probably doesnt use the orchid document type.

2 Likes

Thank you, Gavin, but the people from Orchid throw me a bone lol here is what they sent to me, and it works like a charm. the only thing that messes up is if the family isn’t upgraded to your release of Revit.

1 Like

also the discussion link from GitHub for anyone’s reference

Document.LoadFamily node not working using Revit 2023 but works using Revit 2020 · Issue #161 · erfajo/OrchidForDynamo (github.com)