Optimize by deleting unnecessary faces

Hello friends. Can you help me again please? I’m trying to perform a routine, where I don’t know if it’s possible, but I need a way to remove the faces of elements like walls that meet and make a joint.

I tried to get the faces of the elements that are created individually, unite the geometries. So I used Element.Geometry to get the wall solids. I joined these solids into one and wanted to get these solids and delete automatically. How can I improve this?
08º - Otimizar excluindo faces desnecessárias automáticamente.dyn (28.3 KB)

Not quite sure I follow, are you looking to join two wall elements? The elements can be checked for intersection using an Element.DoesIntersect node, and a Element.Join node to join them.

I’m not sure what you mean by deleting unnecessary faces though.

1 Like

Do you want the Netto Volume?
I am missing the goal of your endeavor?

1 Like

So, in fact, I wanted to unite elements created separately, for example, I created two separate ceilings because I used the environment as a reference, but now I need them to be one, so I would like to unite them after a phase of the project. First point, and the second, I don’t know if it’s possible, but I would like to remove one of the faces that are on these elements that were joined, for example, when I join two walls, one of their faces will not have use, with that I have more information in the project, can I eliminate these faces?

You can’t eliminate a face, as you never created a face. Revit is not a geometric modeling tool.

Revit is a BIM tool, so what you have are elements in a building. You create a walls (ceilings, floors, etc.). Such created elements can be edited to merge say two floors to into one, but you will lose data associated to the previous element.

1 Like

Yes, you’re absolutely right. It was my knowledge, but I risked asking, maybe with the dynamo this would be somehow possible. :sweat_smile:
Thank you for your attention and response.

1 Like