Opening for Pipes

Hi, lately i’ve been traying to make routine that makes openings on structural framing.
I’ve looked on aussie videos, and other topics here, but my routine its not working properly.
It place the family on the wrong position on the model, i can’t figure out why.
Furação HID-EST.dyn (54.0 KB)

Hello,

For future reference, it helps to post a screenshot of the dyn file. Some users are capable of helping but don’t have Dynamo at their active workstation/cell phone/etc… that they are using to browse.

A couple of notes:

• Pipes are modelled as line entities, you can use GetLocation instead of Solids and grab the midpoint of the Location line, it’s a bit less intensive to process. You can query the outside diameter of your pipe too while you’re at it and derive the wall opening that way.

• I’m going to pass on commenting on the first half of the script. It looks like you are trying to group the pipes if they fit within a common enlarged opening? If so then ignore my first comment.

• BoundingBox.Intersection is set to longest lacing, so this script would only work on 1 structural framing element at a time unless you cross product.

• Check your family. The way I’m reading your script is that you intend to put a family at the approximate centroid of the penetration. Is your family centered about the origin inside Family Editor?

1 Like

Hello Robert,
Thanks for the help on posting the routine, will definely use this on further posts.

About the routine.
Yes, i’m trying to group pipes that are close in order to make only one opening for them.
I manage to place the family on the right spot after change de BoundingBox.Intersection to cross product. But now i don’t know exactly how to fill the parameter’s based on the pipes inside de family opening since i’m working with solids and not pipes. Any help’s on that situation?
I will upload the files i’m using so you could have better look if you could.
Pipes - Link.rvt (1.7 MB)
D - FURO.rfa (388 KB)
wall.rvt (6.1 MB)
Furação HID-EST.dyn (57.8 KB)

PS: I changed pipes to be links inside routine.

Best Regards.

@leo.santsilva try this, packages used Clockwork and Rhythm.
Furação HID-EST.dyn (77.6 KB)

1 Like

Hello tradelie, thanks for your help.
It’s works pretty well when the pipes are alone, but for the group of pipes isn’t working.

Any ideia how fix this?

Best Regards.

@leo.santsilva you need to get the dimensions of the bounding box union and feed them to the cut family, check out @GavinCrump youtube channel, there is one video that works well for such tasks.

1 Like

thanks tradelie, i didn’t find the right answer with the aussie, but i did find the ideia!

Thanks for the help!

1 Like