Offsetting building pads to topo

Hello guys,

Following this post

We need now to offset the location of the pad to match the topo.

What we have done in the attached script is to retrieve the points in the building pad and create a line that intersect with our topo.

The problem here is that we need to use the lowest point in the list of intersections and this feed the offset of the pad.

I am having a list management problem here, I need to reitarate the same operation per pad and I do not know if this is possible.

Revit file and definition attached.

Many thanks

Project3.rvt (1.5 MB)
00_Modify Pad Offset.dyn (34.6 KB)

Needed some level and flatten playing with but this should work.

padsOffset.dyn (18.3 KB)

This is great,

Thank you so muuuuuuuch Kenny!!!

by the way Kenny,

Do you have any idea when I use sort by key or group by key in this graph to add filters to my project base on parameters values, Revit replace the existing instead of adding new???

Many thanks!!!

No problem. I did notice that some of your intersections returned back nulls. I think that means there was a problem with finding certain corner’s z position. If one of the ones that wasn’t found happen to be the lowest, the pads would not move to it.

I think we have opposite working hours/timezones haha. It is always at the end of my day that you come online. I’ll have to check it out tomorrow.

Thanks, not sure why does nulls, I am certain these points are below the topo 100%, I think it something to do with the pads and the topo, dont you think???

We are based in London,

Thank you very much for your support!!!