Offset a curve, masking region around it

Hey!
So I have many custom crop boundaries around apartments on different dependent views.
Since revit has a problem with correctly printing PDFs that are cropped and contain .dwg underlays I would like to use these crop boundaries to offset them, and fill area around with white solid region.
I’ve gotten only this far that everything seems to be working but I can’t see the region made by dynamo.
Does anyone have a clue?

Hey,

So yes it all looks good from Dynamo’s end :slight_smile: perhaps have a look at Revit?

Perhaps use the ID to select in Revit (Springs also has a node for this) then you can try and find it and check it’s worked? You could turn on the Revit preview in Dynamo… Maybe also check that Detail items are visible in your target view?

Hope that’s useful…

Mark

1 Like

Actually I’ve just tested it with hand-drawn filled white region AND masking region - none of these worked to cover the dwg underlay. Any other ideas?

You might need to post a test file? I can hide a linked dwg in a floor plan ok…

If I was to guess, I’d say the answer is likely due to your view settings…

Hope that helps,

Mark

Drawing1.dwg (32.2 KB) test.rvt (1020 KB)

Hey, you were right actually, my viewtemplate had a weirdly named filter that did hide all the filled regions…
Nonetheless, I still have a problem with generating a filled region with 2 closed curves.

The filled region component seems to have a problem when inputing a list, anyone have any idea how to get this right?

Actually, now that i’ve got these regions visible again I tested them.
Unfortunately, in my rvt file, neither all white solid region neither masking region do cover these ‘leaking’ .dwg underlays :frowning:

Hey,

I still have a problem with generating a filled region with 2 closed curves

This is getting into advanced Dynamo… I don’t know of a node solution, here is a link to a Python based one…

I got it working…

Filled Region Loops.dyn (37.1 KB)

But you can see that the inputs are very particular, so you’ll need to test and likely edit the code to make work for your particular situation, it is possible that creating a custom node will help with levels issues.

Unfortunately, in my rvt file, neither all white solid region neither masking region do cover these ‘leaking’ .dwg underlays :frowning:

Without a test file I’m not sure whether I can help you further.

Cheers,

Mark

1 Like