Number node?

Hi,

Just looking at Dynamo - been through a few of the video tutorials etc and just looking at the scalable graph one.

In that there is a number node which doesn’t look like the normal number node (see attached image) - is this typically called something else or am I missing something crucial about modifying the standard number node?

Cheers for any pointers!

K.

The number node, in the most simple case, allows the user to enter a number and pass it to other nodes.

If you want to specify a sequence of numbers, you can use the Range Expression syntax:

0..10 == [0;1;2;3;4;5;6;7;8;9;10] (0 thru 10 with default interval of 1)

0..10..5 == [0;5;10] (0 thru 10 with interval of 5)

0..#10..5 == [0;5;10;15;20;25;30;35;40;45] (10 elements starting at 0 with an interval of 5)

0..10..#6 == [0;2;4;6;8;10] (0 thru 10 with 6 elements, interval is determined automatically)

In all of those above examples, the numbers can be replaced by an arbitrary variable name. Doing this will add an input to the node that allows for that value to be passed.

Sometimes it clearly helps to write things down. I've figured it out. I have a start value (lets say 1) and an end value (10) which is then equally into a set number of divisions (10) - this would return the list 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.

My conclusion is that this isn't the node I'm looking for... ;o)

Ah, starting to get it - you take a number node and then input start..end..#amount into the input box.

So, next dumb question (my maths is a bit ropey these days and clearly needs brushing up... ) what does this expression actually do and what is the purpose of the #?