Number node issue

Hello,

I have some numbers nodes in my scripts that are defined as “Inputs”.
The ones with default values inferior to 1 are always redifined and multiply by 10 or 100 when i close and reopen my script…

Have anyone faced this problem?

I have never had this problem, but try using a code block with for example 0.5; in the code block

1 Like

That’s a way to get around but i cannot define it as an input to be able to modify the value with dynamo player…

1 Like

@bertrand.savarit I saw this behaviour in early versions of Dynamo for Civil 3D. FYI @nigel.peters @Michael_Kirschner2 @angelohbwang

You could use a string input node. Then convert the string to number.

1 Like

Here is my version
:image

Hi @bertrand.savarit, some of my collegues have the same issue on Number nodes when using Dynamo from Civil3D. I don’t have the problem (maybe because I use Revit as well)

1 Like

I have the same issue under Civil 3D. I want to use numbers less then 1, and at every reopen they change to round numbers (for example 0.25 to 25.0, 0.5 to 5.0). It is very annoying.

Have you tried the code block instead?
It’s not a bugfix but at least a quickfix that works for me.

The main problem with this is that code blocks cannot be inputs.
I use number slider instead, if needed as input.

1 Like

Yes now I understand, when I tested it the decimal number get round up to nearest number.

Patrick,

Are you by chance working on a OS that uses “0,25” numeric notation (comma instead of a period)? I can reproduce the issue if I manually modify the “InputValue” to “0,25”.

Would you post that Dynamo file (before you reopen the file) so we can use it for testing?

Thanks,

Peter Funk

Hi
Yes, that is true. That’s the settings in my Additional regional settings

Here is a graph that I just saved without open and test it.

Number-node-issue.dyn (5.7 KB)

1 Like

Patrick,

Thanks for the file, I just opened it and was fine on my machine 0.25. The stored value in the DYN was also 0.25. I was hoping that it was going to be “0,25”.

What language OS are you running in? We need to spin up a machine with the same OS to reproduce it.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Thanks for your reply.
I have Windows 10 installed on my computer. Sorry, I missunderstood you. It’s probably Swedish settings.

@patrick.ericson - I think what we need is the language settings. Swedish, correct?

1 Like

Yes, I think that is correct @mzjensen, need to check my computer tomorrow but it should be Swedish. Thanks for make it clear, I didn’t fullt understod.

Hi patrick, I’ve solved this for myself by taking input as a string and transforming it into a number.

1 Like

Hi, I have same issue here in Czechia. I use or recommend to use number slider instead.

I have the issue on Hungarian setup as well.