Number input node switching back to integer when reopening script

Hi,
someone please explain me why does the number input (double) node convert the 1 or 2 decimal values to integer when I reopen the script? This reset applies to the Player as well and very annoying as I can’t define 1-2 decimal default values.
number
number2

Can you give us the Dynamo version you’re using? Can you replicate this in other versions? Does a code block work?

I can replicate this in C3D 2022.1.2 Dynamo 2.12
Code block works, but I cannot use that as input. I can use number slider instead, but the number node would fit better.

Odd. No issues on my end with Dynamo for Revit. Can you try removing all custom package locations and disabling any C3D add-ins? You might also try replicating the problem in sandbox.

@mzjensen have you ever seen anything like this in C3D?

Woah. That is super weird. Never seen that before! I’ll try to do the same on my PC here in a bit.

I did see this once, but can’t replicate it. Since then I alwas use a Code Block.

@Michael_Kirschner2
Is this a known issue?

I just tried in C3D 2023 and Dynamo 2.13 and can’t replicate the issue. After you save, what does the .dyn value say for the input value?

Hmm, that’s interesting :smiley:
number3

hmm - I think that this value gets set directly by deserialization code in newtonsoft.json - I guess it could be a localization issue.
actually it goes through here:

We could recreate the issue on other machines, so despite it uses InvariantCulture could it be a localization or system setting issue? We are using this one:

What if you explicitly use a double in a CodeBlock?

What is the value after reopening?

It doesn’t change if it’s in CodeBlock.

Does it reproduce if you open by navigating to the path instead of using the recent files shortcut?

What if you close Dynamo in between runs?

Sorry @jacob.small somehow I failed answering this.
None of your suggestions work. And the issue is still present in the latest D4C3D release.
As I see it appeared for other users as well.
For me the problem is present only at 1 and 2 decimal places (trailing zeros don’t count). At 3 (node does not allow more) it works as should.

Please submit a ticket to Autodesk support via the accounts portal at manage.autodesk.com. Include a link to a recording reproducing the issue in 2024.1 and a .dyn file with an offending node in it.

Thanks. Does the Futures Portal work as well? I’m not used to tickets.

Do you get the same issue when using Dynamo Sandbox, or only Dynamo for Civil 3D?

Sadly not; current product issues need to be submitted via the accounts portal or they never get picked up.

I cannot reproduce the issue in Sandbox, only in D4C3D