Node stops working after a while

Hi,
I’ve had this problem several times. I write a script with some nodes. At first it works. But after a while (sometimes a few hours, sometimes a few days), one of the node doesn’t work anymore. I can restart the computer, it doesn’t change.

I have had this happen when trying to upgrade or use older graphs in newer versions of Dynamo. For example using a 1.3 graph in 2.0. Does it give you any errors or warning? What is it doing? Is it the same model? I think more information here would be helpful because what you have given us isn’t much to go on.

1 Like

Hi Sean,
Thank you for the answer.
Here is what happens :

These nodes don’t work anymore. I didn’t switch Dynamo/Revit versions though. Neither did I change the Revit file. What I may have done (but I’m not sure whether it’s linked) is Save As the Dynamo script.

They aren’t working because there aren’t values coming from your GetParameterValueByName nodes. Have you verified the parameter names and that they have values as you expect?

Yes. The parameters do have values. Indeed, if I create a new node (Element.GetParameterValueByName), it works as expected.