Node stops working after a while

Hi,
I’ve had this problem several times. I write a script with some nodes. At first it works. But after a while (sometimes a few hours, sometimes a few days), one of the node doesn’t work anymore. I can restart the computer, it doesn’t change.

1 Like

I have had this happen when trying to upgrade or use older graphs in newer versions of Dynamo. For example using a 1.3 graph in 2.0. Does it give you any errors or warning? What is it doing? Is it the same model? I think more information here would be helpful because what you have given us isn’t much to go on.

1 Like

Hi Sean,
Thank you for the answer.
Here is what happens :

These nodes don’t work anymore. I didn’t switch Dynamo/Revit versions though. Neither did I change the Revit file. What I may have done (but I’m not sure whether it’s linked) is Save As the Dynamo script.

They aren’t working because there aren’t values coming from your GetParameterValueByName nodes. Have you verified the parameter names and that they have values as you expect?

Yes. The parameters do have values. Indeed, if I create a new node (Element.GetParameterValueByName), it works as expected.

1 Like

I’ve encountered the same issue on numerous occasions… With Dynamo 2.6 and graphs created directly in that version. Some nodes just stop working occasionally, while others return really weird results:

Most of the time, when I copy / paste the node, the problem is solved, but in certain cases other nodes stop working afterwards and I need to recreate them as well. Sometimes, this might cause a huge waste of time.

It’s an extremely annoying issue…

Reviving this old post in case it helps someone.

I had a similar issue today. My graph was working perfectly and then suddenly it would just hang. Tried everything. Wasted hours, very frustrating.

Eventually remembered a trick, deleted out the contents of %temp% and bang, working again.

Maybe reply to this post if this works for you and we can lobby Autodesk for a fix.

Civil 3D 2023 with latest patches.

1 Like

To be honest, I haven’t encountered the problem for a while. It might have something to do with the temp folder thing, but I haven’t cleaned it for a while as well. In my opinion, it could be related to poor network connection, as there was a period when we had issues with our server. My graphs, stored on the network used to get ‘broken’ quite often during these times. The next time it happens, I will try to clean the temp folder though… and let you know :slight_smile: