New to Dynamo - need help with a script error

Hello - I am new to Dynamo and am trying to write a script that creates new views but am encountering the following error when trying to name the view created by the script:

Warning: Element.SetParameterByName operation failed.
No parameter found by that name.

There is a string called “View Name” leading into Set.Parameter and Get.Parameter code blocks but these blocks don’t recognize this parameter even though I created a list to test it and can clearly see this Parameter exists.

Thanks.

I think “VIEW_NAME” is the builtin parameter name, try that.

Hmm I am still getting the same error – I tried both VIEW_NAME and View_Name.

Update: I tried pulling the Parameter name directly from my list and am getting a new error:

Warning: Element.SetParameterByName operation failed.
The best overloaded method match for ‘Revit.Elements.InternalUtilities.ElementUtils.SetParameterValue(Autodesk.Revit.DB.Parameter, double)’ has some invalid arguments

thanks!

Solved:

Pulling the name from the list worked, but my string.join block needed another input.

Also I went back and created a new string block with the text “View Name” and it worked this time. Strange but OK!

I don’t think your string node is returning a string - note the color is in the “not fully set” state where the inputs are not fully set.

I think Michael is correct…

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Mark

Thanks guys! I eventually figured it out and finished the script and am about to start a new thread with a new question!