NEED HELP - Dynamo Area Plan Script

Hi

I am modifying a script I saw in a Dynamo class I attended at AU. The script was originally developed to automate assigning of unit types based on area limit inputs.

I want to modify the script to omit other areas within the floor plate (example corridors, terraces, storage rooms, etc). I am using “Not Calculated” within the comments. So far, I am able to parse out units with that comment.

I am having trouble taking the remaining units and plugging them into the room area (Ra) code block that would break down the remaining areas into the 1, 2 & 3 bedroom units. Being a new user, it won’t let me upload anything. See the Google Drive link.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Hi @briansandstrom005,

You can use a List.Create or List.Join, and join the values from Element.GetParameterByValue and the remaining values. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help. I tried this, but to no avail. This appears to be joining data from two separate lists (helpful for future reference). However, what I am looking to do is parse out information (areas that are not appended with “not calculated”). Then, I am looking to run those remaining areas through the code block that will automatically assign the bedroom count type based on their area.

See the link, I added a couple more graphics. I hope this helps. And, thanks in advance for the help!

New to Dynamo, but trying. Watched numerous tutorials and still haven’t found what I am looking to do which is:

• Query all Areas in a said plan.
  • Filter out areas that have a comment of “Not Calculated”
  • Run the remaining areas (no comment) through a code block that names the areas based on size.

So far, I can:

• Query all areas and run them through the code block that names based on size.
  • Query areas with or without comments.

I am being sandboxed big time, so I cannot directly upload a visual. I am also being told that the Google Drive link I tried uploading cannot be directly uploaded at this time. So, let’s see if a link to my original post works: NEED HELP - Dynamo Area Plan Script

I’m hoping to get this solved somehow. It’s all I can think about lately.

Thanks

Moved this post to the existing thread so that things don’t branch off, cluttering the forum and making it harder for you to get help. :slight_smile: