Need help combining lists and exporting to Excel

Hi all,

I would like to achieve the following result:

However, the code I designed resulted in this:

This is the code i’m working with:
Room + Element Locator.dyn (514.2 KB)

I’m using Revit’s rme_basic_sample_project.rvt which can be downloaded from the link below:

Could someone let me know what i’m doing wrong here?

Many thanks!

I think you need to transpose your data before feeding excel node.

Hey, thanks for the suggestion! I tried transposing, but it doesn’t change the result.

E,

Try this as suggested by roahmad…

List create >> list transpose >> Data

Hi Cesar and Roahmad, thank you both for the suggestions! I tried as per your suggestions, however I am still not getting the desired results.

I noticed that when the “Elements in Room” node is unconnected, the code behaves as desired.
However, when I connect “Elements in Room” node to the List.Create node, it starts to override the previous data. Right now, the excel list just shows as below:

Below is the updated code:
Room + Element Locator.dyn (36.4 KB)

Much appreciated.

Hi @Eloquence94

You’re having more than 1 Air Terminal in your rooms. So, you need to sum up all the air flows in order to get rid of air flows with sub-list. Try this dyn file Room + Element Locator for Lucas.dyn (37.8 KB) and here is how it looks after exporting to excel.

Thanks for the clear explanation!

I am interested in listing out details of air diffusers (Say size 450mm x 200mm) under each room.
I suppose it is impossible to list out all individual diffuser data per room?

It’s possible. Get the Counts of Airterminals in each room and use List.Cycle.

Thank you!

One last question: Is this format possible?
https://global.discourse-cdn.com/business6/uploads/dynamobim/original/3X/d/0/d02c4827efaa0a495637681b59e59f6a14534eee.png
I am essentially combining two separate lists: Room ID, name and number together with each Air Diffuser’s size in each specific room.
One list (Room data) is arranged vertically. The other list (Diffuser data) is arranged in order with the Room data. When there is more than one set of diffuser data, it is arranged horizontally.