Multiple Folders in Player

Hi,
My firm is currently organizing scripts into separate folders that contain the DYN file plus families, instructions, etc. As far as I can tell in Dynamo Player you can only point to one folder and that folder must contain the DYN files. It apparently doesn’t read subfolders. Is there any way to get it to read subfolders or ability to show multiple folder locations at once? Perhaps thru an xml configuration file similar to the actual Dynamo tool?
Thanks.

Hi. Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it, but mklinks don’t seem to work for network locations.

It’s not as nice but you can actually write a graph that will change your default Dynamo player library path for you. So your main folder would have a single dyn that you’d run and make a selection of available folders to move to. It would reset your settings file to point to the new folder location. You’d just have to have that same dyn file in all your folders so that you can switch back and forth.

Like I said, it’s not very pretty, but it’s an option.

I only tried with UNC links, but the error says it has to be local NTFS volumes.

Is this something you have already created?

I don’t know if I still have it. I just wanted to see if it was possible. All it requires is replacing a directory path in the settings txt with the directory path of the folder you want.

Which settings txt are you referring to? As far as I know, Player doesn’t have one. Unlike Dynamo, which has an xml where you can add multiple package folders.

Hi,

I think the graph of which @Nick_Boyts speaks is here :

1 Like

That’s the one. I didn’t remember that I had posted it before.