Multi Line Text

I am currently trying to create some code that joins information together, i have had a lot of success apart from one parameter which is a multiline text parameter. How in dynamo would you re-create the process going to the instance parameter called “Sheet Name - Line 2” then pressing the ellipsis and reading that information as an input?

At the moment for the rest of my inputs i had been using the above script however it does not work for that parameter and i believe that is because it is multiline text and not “normal” text

If you require more information i can hopefully provide

Hi

Cordially
christian.stan

1 Like

Hi @christian.stan

Thank you with your response, if i am reading it correctly that link tells me how to insert data into multiline text format. However i want dynamo to open the multiline text and convert it into a flat string, hopefully that makes sense

If i have read something incorrectly please let me know

1 Like

Hi @cameron2RBHD do toy mean something here ?

1 Like

Hi @sovitek

Thank you for your response.

I am trying to get my script to read a multiline parameter which is called “Sheet Name - Line 2” however my code appears to be having an issue because it is multiline and i want to convert it into a single piece of string
as an example the user could enter the following:

What i am trying to do overall is basically replicate what DI Roots does & batch print PDF’s / DWG’s just so that i have a backup in case. And the issue is if i add the “Sheet Name - Line 2” into the code it seems to not like it and the only reason i can think that would be the case it because it is multiline rather than a single string

At the moment my code shows the following as an example output for the multiline text:

So i think i just need to figure out how to convert the above multiline to a single string?

arhhh something here maybe…

2 Likes

@sovitek
Thank you! That looks exactly like what i want
I will give it a test and report my findings

1 Like