Multi-category Tag Text to Uppercase?

Hey all,

I’m trying to convert multiple multi-category tag texts to uppercase and I definitely need some help in accomplishing this. I’ve tried using the All.To.Upper. node from Rhythm but it only seems to grab text notes - what I need is for Dynamo to grab all the text from my annotation tags. Any idea how I could accomplish this?

Because a tag is just a representation of a parameter value you’ll need to change the parameter value to uppercase. So that would mean you’ll need the SetParameter node to accomplish this.

I’m kind of stuck here (sorry - major beginner)

. The text that shows up in the tag isn’t available as a parameter so I’m not sure what to plug into the parameterName part of the node. I am also unsure if what I plugged into the element part is correct… Would you mind drawing this out for me? Would be greatly appreciated!

Here’s an example:

You just need to know what parameter is being tagged to be able to change it. In the above case it is “Comments”

2 Likes

It worked! Thank you so much!

Hey everyone,

i tried to do this method to change a shared parameter to uppercase, but it didn’t work!
Help please
Description in revit|690x331

You are not feeding the parameterName port a string. Try putting it between double quotes, like this: "Description"
Also Description is a native Revit parameter, so if you’ve made a shared parameter by that name then you’re bound to get errors with Revit’s native parameter.

I i tried to do the same thing for a Material Tags but it didn’t work, could you help me please

I think you need to get the materials not the tags, and then set te parameter values for “Mark” accordingly.

I have a lot of custom annotation elements with a wide assortment of custom shared parameters. Does anyone know how to sort through an annotation and change all text and multi-text fields to uppercase? Otherwise I would need a custom script for each annotation.