Moving all elements in project in z-direction without loosing connections between elements or sweeps

Hi everyone,
I have created a model based on a 3D-scan point cloud. Now after being almost finished with the model, it turns out that the data I received is incorrect. That means every single element of the model needs to be moved in z-direction. The problem is that all elements are connected to different levels and there are sweeps and joins that are dependent on eachother.
When I simply select all elements and move them upwards I receive error messages such as elements were deleted or sweeps could not be created. I have also tried grouping everything and moving it afterwards but that also does not seem to work.
I was wondering if there might be a script in Dynamo that would lead me to the desired result. Something like getting the coordinates from each element and changing the z-value. However, I am not sure if that would even solve the problem of the many dependencies that I have between the elements.
Maybe someone of you had a similiar problem and even solved this issue or has any ideas?
Thank you so much in advance!

Hi @p.hopmann ,

I don’t think Dynamo can help here to prevent these issues. Also, this sounds more like a Revit problem rather than a Dynamo problem, perhaps you have more chance on the Revit forum to get the answer you are looking for.

1 Like

Hi @p.hopmann I dont know how the project is setup…but probably move you basepoint or surveypoint again depends how its the setup…as @Daan probably more a revit thing