Move and rotate detail views in view

I can’t seam to find how to rotate and move detail views/sections in view in dynamo.
Does anyone know how to:
-Move section
-Rotate section
-Move section’s crop box (or how was the light blue dotted line called seen here)

Hi,

Use the nodes Element Setlocation, Element SetRotation and View CropBox from the Genius Loci package.

Element SetRotation rotates it in wrong axes showing another front view after running. I tried experimenting with it a lot already.

Set location for whatever reason shows it’s successful, shows 2 points at the start and end of transformation:

but doesn’t move the section.

CropBox node just doesn’t get any information from the view at all.

I solved the problem with moving the section itself by modifying the curve that is used to generate it. But the section itself doesn’t seam to have location curve at all. Also I tried rotating the initial curve but it just wouldn’t generate section if the curve was horizontal.

Use the one from Genius Loci like @Alban_de_Chasteigner said.

See also this topic.

So Genius Loci_Element LocationCurve

1 Like

Location curve works. But I am still unable to rotate it as Element SetRotation makes section disappear from the view completely. Most probably rotating on the wrong axes and it does say it completed action successfully.

EDIT:
Here’s before:

And after:

As you can see it’s rotating on wrong axes.

Maybe rotate first THEN change it to the correct location?

as Element SetRotation makes section disappear from the view completely.

Because I believed your Section gets moved.

Here’s just the rotation operation. It does rotate. But on wrong axes.

Here’s what it does. First image is what it’s supposed to do but 2nd and 3rd is what it actually does

As @bvs1982 shows it, you must rotate the SectionMarker and not the section view.

You can obtain the SectionMarker with the View CropBox node or pick it with the Select Model Element node.

Results are the same when using View CropBox Element output as well as using Select Model Element

Here’s how the view’s supposed to look like. The section in the middle is not rotating to display it from the top as seen.
Instead it rotates like this

I am now trying to rotate location curve and set location but it’s not working.

Tested creating new sections with dynamo. The original location curve produced a section but the rotated one showed errors