Move analytical nodes

Is it possible to move analytical node location with Dynamo? I can get the reference points for the analytical nodes, but I can’t use geometry.translate to move them. Or do I need to move the structural framing curve?

Analytical nodes

Hi Andrew,

I know this post is very old but I was wondering if you’ve found a solution … almost 4 years later :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi,

Have you tried with Element.MoveByVector and Element.SetLocation nodes?

Geometry.Translate works only for Dynamo geometries, not for elements.

I hope your end goal is to automate the analytical adjustment in revit. if so; Autodesk is developing a dynamo package for this purpose. you can contact Mr.Pawel to be a part of the beta tesing of this package.
for more information please have a look at this thread.
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-structure-forum/analytical-modeling-with-dynamo/m-p/8005695?advanced=false&collapse_discussion=true&filter=location&location=forum-board:153&q=dynamo&search_type=thread

1 Like

Hi,
if you have come across this package that drives Analytical Model in Revit with Dynamo, I’d be happy to know your feedback on that, so that we could know how to improve it.

thank you
Pawel Piechnik

Is this open source? the Analytical Modeling dynamo package?
Are we able to see the source code?
I am asking for Revit 2022 NOT Revit 2023.
The reason I am asking is I do not know what Revit API method moves
the analytical elements. Does anyone know? these nodes preform this task
as Andrew has stated you are not able to move analytical elements
(independent of the physical model) by using the “translate” element or “set” location dynamo
nodes

1 Like

The source code of the Dynamo nodes is not open source.
You have only few options to control directly the analytical model from API. You can find more details here - ManuallyAdjust Method

It’s one of the reasons why with Revit 2023 the approach was change - totally independent analytical elements with full control, both from API and Revit UI

1 Like