Modify Project Base Point in Python

Hi All – I was wondering if it is possible to change the value of “Elevation” of a project base point using Python.

Thank you in advance!

hi @zakim

something like this? elevate_pbp.dyn (4.0 KB)

pbp

pb

Thank you @blsalvio
This is a helpful start.
But for some reason, the new value is also changing the Elevation position of the “Project Survey Point”.
Please see the

screen capture below.

hi @zakim,

based from the picture, the project survey point did not change position, only the elevation of the grids changed along with the project basepoint.

Hi @blsalvio,

Please see the capture below where highlighted in Green color. You will notice the following changes after running the script:
1) Basepoint “Elev” value changed but the position of the Basepoint is still showing between Level 1 and 2 datums.
2) The distance from the Survey point to Level 1 shifted below. So visually it changed position, although its values were not changed. Isn’t that weird …!

Thank you for your help.

hi @zakim,

like I said, when you change the project base point, the grids and elevation will follow it, if you want the grids to remain at the same level, you have to subtract the changes of the project basepoint to the grids and elevation. Is that what you want?

-biboy

Hello @zakim,

I don’t know how to do it in python, but in the Revit environment, you can change the position of PBP using 2 methods. Drag -see the last image, or by specify the point at coordinates.

Check all images.

Also, levels can show the value that we want by using duplicate and then specify PBP or Survey as a measuring origin.
Is this what you are looking for in terms of values?

Hi @blsalvio

Thanks for the explanation. I am still puzzled…! Something is not adding up…!
The script is, somehow, modifying the Project Internal point. As shown on my screen capture below, that it is probably why the Elev value shown in Green color is different than the one in Blue color.

I have been attempting to also use your great help in this other post (LINK) to try and use basepointfilter = ElementCategoryFilter(BuiltInCategory.OST_ProjectBasePoint) … but I am getting some errors as I am new to Python.

Please see the attached Dynamo/Python file below.elevate_pbp2.dyn (6.4 KB)

Thank you.

hi @zakim

are you using english units? i will check about the project internal point when i am free here in the office.

-biboy

Hi @blsalvio
Yes, the project is in Metric units. Thank you for your time.

hi @zakim,

is this what you want to achieve? elevate_pbp.dyn (4.1 KB)

zz

Hi @blsalvio - it works well now.
Thank you and I appreciate your help. :pray: