Missing package icons since 2.12 release

Since release 2.12 (Revit 2022) the small custome package icons are disappeared in our company package as well as some external packages like “Clockwork”, “Data-Shapes” etc.
We made our own “Package.customization.dll” which worked well so far (Revit 2021).
As you see in the image only the large icon is showed.

Is there a solution for this or does someone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks.

By coincidence, after some puzzling, I found myself a solution for this;
I was thinking maybe each icon should point in some way to the specific node. So I put the Guid in de name of the bitmap. This works. Only the “Small” icons had to be added this way.

2 Likes

I’m shocked this hasn’t been talked about more. But looking at the error log it says that because most packages are not digitally signed they do not get loaded. I don’t know of a way around this.

I think most package managers either solved it in visual studio or shrugged and moved on. I’m in the second camp for now as I’m not typically working in 2023.

The way around this is to not load packages in the programdata location. That’s reserved for Autodesk packages. App data is for all the third-party developers who aren’t about to shell out cash for a code signing certificate for a dynamo package.

1 Like