Method of building Revit's Toposurface an accuracy as is in Civil 3D (via landxml)

Hi, all
Recently I have an task - transfer Civil 3d’s designed surface (with linear triangulation) with absolute accuracy to Revit. Since Revit 2020 there is method below:
Create Method (Document, IList(XYZ), IList(PolymeshFacet))

I created it with small .NET custom library [dynamo package named “CreateRevitTopoSurface”]. Source code you can find at Git repo - GitHub - GeorgGrebenyuk/TopoSurfaceToRevit: Repo with code for Autodesk dynamo package to create Revit's surface from initial landxml file.

Info about nodes (their count = 2) look at git repo with link above. Russian article about it look here.

Script also placed at repo and attached here
CreateTopoFromLandXml.dyn (9.3 KB)

Result of working:

As small case - we’re successfully translated 13-km rail-based surfaces with ~80 000 points during ~15 minutes to Revit (file’s size ~15 Mb). As a disadvantage - there are no opportunity to set internal/outside borders (no API’s methods).
P.S. I know about practice load topo from BIM 360 - but that product can’t be used at state companies.

4 Likes

We use the Plugin Sofistik Bridge Modeller to import landxml terrain models into revit.
Works far better than my privous Dynamo Skripts.

But thanks for your idea and GitHub link. will try and test it :slight_smile:

Hola Amigo @georg.grebenyuk como estas??
Thanks for your work an effort, I’m testing your package, but i think i missing something the node MainClass.CreateTopo gives me null even when i put the lacing to longest, could you please help me a little bit please?? :grin:

Hi, Gilberto, it return a null because the result of node in a process of creating a toposurface in Revit environmental; thus, check updates in model to find that surface. … or any toposurfaces are missing in model in script’s finishing?

1 Like

Amigo @georg.grebenyuk, my bad, beginers mistake!! :sweat_smile: the visibility of Topography category was not checked in the template that i used, i clean the points manually to have the same results that your node, thanks again for your package, works fine!!

1 Like

Wow, great…
can u send me this script dynamo

Amigo @bimengineering buenas. It is in the first post of this topic you can download directly there!