MEP Fitting MEPover

Hi All,

I’m using the MEPover Package (@T_Pover) and found this node: MEPFitting.ByMEPCurves. I have 2 MEPCurves and I can’t manage it to create the elbow I want.

My goal is to work with the whole set of MEP curves and in every corner, place an elbow to join those curves.

Elbow Piping.dyn (12.0 KB)

First I wanted to make a single elbow, but I can’t get it done.

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance for your time.

1 Like

Hi @Jorge_Villarroel

What does the error says @ Python. Is A[0] is parallel to A[1] pipe. I would suggest you first select 2 pipes which are parallel and run.

Hi @Kulkul. The error is as follows:

The pipe lines are perpendicular. I’ll try to do the task between two parallel lines and see what’s going on.

Hi Jorge,

Could you show how the pipes line up in Revit? Are they on the same height and in a 90 (or less) degree angle from each other?

If your settings is set to make elbows with specific degrees (15, 30, 45, 60 and 90)
you might have some problems if you are trying to make a elbow with 35 degrees.

Just a thought :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I’m aware of the settings for the fittings, but thanks for pointing it out. :grinning:

Hi, @T_Pover. My misstake. The template I’ve been using for other purposes didn’t have the fitting on it. I changed to another tamplate and It works just fine.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi, I am new to Dynamo and I would like to check if there is any way to create non perpendicular tee fitting with Dynamo. I have tried used MEPover’s package of Tee.By3MEPCurves and Tee.By2MEPCurves. These packages are perfectly fine if the branch pipe is perpendicular to the main pipe. But I can’t use them when the branch pipe is not perpendicular to the main pipe. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

3 Likes