Matching element colour overrides

Hi

Is there any way of retrieving element graphic overrides in order to match the overrides between different elements?

The nodes Element.Override… can apply overrides, but what about retrieving them?

Thanks

PS is for doing quick sketches during the initial design stage :smiley:

Hi,

Maybe this helps

Hi @franciscusm,

It’s possible to get the overrides.

You can use the Get Element Overrides node alone or with the Sastrugi and Clockwork packages .

4 Likes

Great, thanks, just what I was looking for!

I also took a look at the python code above, however will be quicker for me using just nodes.

You’re welcome.
You can drop the custom node in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\1.3\definitions or in the dyf folder of the Genius Loci package if you use it.

works fine, thanks.

How come is not already in the Genius Loci package by default?

It’s only because I have to update the package with the new custom nodes :grinning:

Hi all! I know this topic is pretty old, but I found it quite useful!

I’m pretty new to Dynamo, so I tried to recreat the script shown before in this thread.

In my model / current view I selected a detail line (in a detail view), which is overriden with a different pattern and color.

Unfortunately I got stuck at this point:

What I’m trying to do is kind of recreate the Revit ‘Match’ function, but this time with graphic overrides included (I do hope this is the right script for that).

So normally Revit would have me select line 1 (red arrow) and apply it to line 2 (blue arrow) after typing ‘MA’ (match).

But I would love to get the overrides with it, so they look like the light blue lines next to them.

Anyone got any tips? :slight_smile:

You need a Set Override node once you get the color.

Overrides.dyn (17.0 KB)

What category is your arrow ? A family instance ? It is working fine for detail lines for me.

1 Like

Hi! Thank you so much for your reply. :slight_smile:

The arrow is just a paint thingy, not Revit related, so I could point out what I wanted to do.

I’ll try out your solution! :slight_smile:

So I just tried your solution.

I drew a black detail line and a black detail line with a blue override.

I can make the overriden blue detail line black, but not the other way around (which is what I’m looking for). Is there a way to turn this around? Or am I doing anything wrong?

Show your graph with the preview enabled under the nodes.
There shouldn’t be a problem.

I basically just downloaded your file, installed the GeniusLoci package and tried to use it. Didn’t change anything myself (I know of).

Only difference I see is the dictionary under get elements overrides.

Inverse the Select model element nodes.
One to collect the overrides and one to set the overrides.

It’s so weird, it shows I have no overrides, but when I open the element graphics in Revit, it says I do… :frowning:

Which version of Revit are you using?
Drop a sample Revit file so I can check the issue.

RVT2020. Wanted to make it in 2019, but Dynamo couldn’t download GeniusLoci, because it said it couldn’t download files it already has?!

Anyway, here’s the project. At first I thought our company’s template had something to do with it, so I opened a new Revit project without template, but still no luck.

Unfortunately I’m not allowed to drop the file attachment here, as I am a new user.
So had to do it like this:

I forgot but as the API changed, I recreated a node for Revit 2020. (New Get Elements Overrides)

Overrides.dyn (18.8 KB)

Amazing! Thank you so so much! :smiley:

Have a nice day!!!

3 posts were split to a new topic: Override CAD layer in Revit