Mapping insulation and fittings

Hello

As many of you already know, the “Length” parameter on Pipe or Duct insulation is "Not Computed"
I had made my fittings families so they are able to calculate the center line length on all fittings. Now I need to copy the length from my fittings, to the insulation on the fittings.

The question:
Is it possible somehow to find the mapping between fittings and the insulation on a fitting?

There is no issue for the length on straight ducts and pipes because Revit give us this length.

the fittings insulation element has a property called “HostElementId” have you tried fetching that?

Hello

I have solved to get the host Id with python. I now only need to map the host Id from Pipe insulation with Pipe Fittings Id
To get the right order, I just use a simple sort node, but then I need to get the element id from the sorted list with string Id’s.

I saw this topic: http://dynamobim.org/forums/topic/id-string-to-elements/

I tried the pythoncode but get this error

Hi Simon,

Can you post full graph image of your workflow. So that we can have closer look at your issue. Thanks :slight_smile:

sure

How about this?

1 Like

Thanks for the help

Instead of finding the host element ID we just find the Element ID on the host, and then we are able to copy fitting length to insulation on the fitting

Hi
It is awesome.I want find damper host duct.Can you please give the solution?
Regard

Hi @bikashseas

Could you please start a new thread. Thanks :slight_smile:

Hello Sir,
I want to find using like previous one.But that python script is not working.
Please give me python script.
Regards

@bikashseas As i said earlier start a new topic i am going to close this topic. This topic was solved long time back.

import clr
clr.AddReference(‘ProtoGeometry’)
from Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry import *

clr.AddReference(“RevitServices”)
import RevitServices
from RevitServices.Persistence import DocumentManager
from RevitServices.Transactions import TransactionManager

doc = DocumentManager.Instance.CurrentDBDocument
faminsts = UnwrapElement(IN[0])
elementlist = list()
sourcelist = list()
for item in faminsts:
sourcelist.append(doc.GetElement(item.HostElementId))
OUT = sourcelist