Managing worksets in revit links with dynamo

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if is it possible to CLOSE worksets starting by “Z” and the Workset1 in all the Revit Links with Dynamo.

I have unleast 30 revit links and I don’t want to do it manually at every time some one creates a new workset.

Hi @alfredo.cortes, can you post your graph of what you’ve done in Dynamo so far?

I would start with the “Element.GetElementsFromLinkedModel” node and see where it takes you.

Hey @alfredo.cortes

I was wondering if you have made any progress in this area?

Hi,

A custom node (Manage Worksets of RevitLinkInstance) already exists in Genius Loci package :

6 Likes

Hi there,

I used the script for the models. When the central models are on my drive, it works. But it does not work if the models are on BIM360.
Do you know another way to make it work?

With kind regards,

Kishan

Hi,

You can try with the Autodesk Desktop Connector, which allows you to use a direct filepath but no guarantee that it will work.

Hello @Alban_de_Chasteigner thanks for the solution. The Script seams to work only for one link. I think I’m doing the exact same thing as your script. Could you take a look? Thanks.

I’m on Revit 2020 and all the models are on my C. I haven’t tried on BIM360/ACC yet. Thanks again.

Hi,
You must set the longest lacing on the Manage Worksets of RevitLinkInstance node.

Hey thank you so much that did the trick.

Hello everyone I’ve just finished the script for this post and I can share what have been done so far. Thanks everyone for the help.

Close_worksets_Z_in_linked_models.dyn (55.6 KB)

1 Like

Hello @Alban_de_Chasteigner ,

That’s kind of an issue. All our models are in BIM360/ACC today and we use Design Collaboration so the Desktop Connector is not an option. Any chances to fix this bug in the node? Thanks.

Thank you for sharing.
I don’t know how to solve this error - I was on the step (4) according to “Read Me”.