Managing/Deleting Links

Hey guys, I am fairly new to Revit and Dynamo. I am trying to find a way to delete all of the “Revit, IFC, CAD Formats, DWF Markups, Point Clouds, Topography, PDF, Images” in the “Manage Links” button. So that when we receive a model from an Architect we can just push a button and it does the work for us instead of clicking manage links and going through each tab and deleting everything manually.
Here is a picture of some of the things I want to do delete, but I want to delete everything under each tab.

And here is my original idea, I figured there has to be a more efficient way than this, lol.

All elements of category will quickly collect the content you are after. Note you may need to delete the instances and then the link type to truly clean stuff up.

2 Likes

Okay, thank you! I will give that a go.

Hey Jacob I was able to find the answers for most of my issues with what you suggested. My next problem is the CAD Formats. What we do at my place of employment is remove all of the CAD formats that come along with the model.

What I have noticed is when I go to the Manage Links button via Revit and remove the CAD Imports, the elements associated with the CAD Imports stay in the project and aren’t deleted. But when I try via Dynamo it removes all of the elements associated with the CAD links and I want to find a way to to just remove the imports in the manage links button but keep the elements along with it, via Dynamo. Is this possible? Here is what I’ve been playing with:

By deleting the defendant elements you aren’t removing the link, but what it created. Try re-routing to just pass the type, but my guess is you will need to dive into the API for what you are after.

As an aside: E-Transmitting the file may be a better means of automation for this task. Don’t reinvent the wheel of you don’t have to. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just realized I made a completely missed something. It turns out when I remove the Links in Manage links, the elements do disappear, I think I had tunnel vision and completely missed it! I really appreciate your help! My new question: In some projects I have been working with there aren’t any CADLinks to manage in the Manage links button but when I search CADLinkType in Dynamo some links appear, are these hidden or not a linked file? I guess I am looking to filter this out somehow.

I think I may have found a solution using the Import Instance Report by Bimorph nodes.

1 Like

Perhaps it’s the subtle difference between CAD Links and CAD Imports in the Revit environment at play. Glad you’re sorted with the other node. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea, me too. Thanks again for all your help, I really appreciate it!

1 Like