Making Sheet Sets

I work at an engineering firm as a drafter and i was wondering if there was a way to create sheets with specific properties. Such as if i need to make a sheet for the electrical sheet sets, could i use dynamo to make it and fill out all of the information (grouping number, discipline, name, etc.). Also would it be possible to put specific views that i can choose with the dynamo command?

Yes, what have you tried so far?

I have not tried anything so far. I’m pretty new to dynamo so i’m not really sure how i would do it. I know you can create sheet sets from an excel document but i’m not sure if thats what i want to do. The command needs to be able to be customizable for the variation in use.

Hi @bhobbs01 ,

Please check how to get help.

Search in the topics there are alot of topics about sheets

To add a bit more guidance to that given (definitely go through the Dynamo primer to learn the fundamentals).

Ultimately you will need to identify what all the sheets you want to add to a set have in common, and filter them down by that before adding them to a set. The archilab package has nodes that can create sheet sets from views and/or sheets, but your challenge will be getting them first.

If there isn’t a common field/value that you can filter them by then the next best thing is a listview picker using Data Shapes, but at that point you’re just as good off doing it manually.

1 Like