Making floor follow toposurface

Hi guys,

I can’t figure why this this graph bellow starts and never completes to make the floors on the rvt attached follow the toposurface. I press run and forget about it. An hour later it is still running.

I guess it’s some step I missed when projecting the points to the topo geometry. Should I be concerned about reversing the Z axis just for the points above the actual toposurface?

ajustaPisoTopografia.dyn (37.8 KB) Stripped.rvt (3.7 MB)

1 Like

Have you seen this method. I think creating the polysurface is the slow bit.

Yes… I tested an alternative creating subregions with the same sketch as the floors, and then bend the floor slabs by the direct topography points.

Once again 45 minutes runing, untill my 32GB RAM PC crashed by lack of RAM.

I tried to bypass the convert to polysurface step. Got a warning:

Warning: Point.Project expects argument type(s) (Point, Geometry, Vector), but was called with (Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.Point, Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.Mesh, Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.Vector).

I also noticed the stripped model I provided has units set to milimeters, which is awful to Dynamo. I converted to meters and at least finished processing.

ajustaPisoTopografia.dyn (35.4 KB) Stripped.rvt (3.7 MB)

Another attempt, converting the toposurface mesh to polysurface.

Warning: Point.Project operation failed.
Unable to create intersection boolean : INCONS_VERT_ATT – inconsistent information in vertex and coedge attributes

ajustaPisoTopografia_2.dyn (39.2 KB)

I guess mesh to polysurface is a bit slow in your case, you could try mesh toolkit to recreate your polysurface

Untitled Project

took about 1 minute

2 Likes

Do you could send me your routine?