Lunchbox Package for dynamo importing XML-file

Hello com.,

as part of my bachelor thesis I programmed a parametric building in Phyton.
I want to import the parameter(s) to Dynamo.

I have converted python code into an xml file.
Now I want to import the xml file to dynamo.
I read that the “lunchbox package” provides the necessary features to do that.
I already downloaded and installed the package, but somehow I cant find it in Dynamo.
I searched for a tutorial/ dynamo forum post, but didnt find any current article.
I installed via dynamo version 2018.7.7, but I cant find e.g. “DataSets.DeserializeXML, DataSets.SerializeXML”

Can you help me/ explain to me how I install the current version of lunchbox package into Dynamo?

The lunchbox package is installed here (default):

C:\Users\Max\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\PROVING GROUND\LunchBox

(My thought process:
As an example, I created three walls in Revit and want to export them to a xml file (screenshot) to get an idea how it looks like.

testwalls

After that, I want to import my xml file with the parametric building to dynamo.)

Using Revit 2021.1.2

Thank you!

Hi, @horizon welcome to the community!

Which version of Revit you are using?

Revit 2021.1.2

Hello…are you sure its your default path for package…normally its here…C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit

can you explain this?

1 Like

Well, first I downloaded the lunchbox package here:

I installed it and it is here:
C:\Users\Max\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\PROVING GROUND\LunchBox

After that I tried to download it in dynamo itself via “search packages”. People said that the newest version wont work, so I installed version 2018.7.7 of the lunchbox package.

I installed the lunchbox package version 2018.7.7 through dynamo via package manager.