Locating Annotation Elements in a Sheet

Hello,
Im attempting to create a script that exports all text notes into an excel file, along with their element Id’s. I got as far as getting this to work, but I also want to add the view and/or sheet location of the specific text based on its Id, and am wondering how to go about this. Here is the script so far:

Annotations have an OwnerView property that tracks the view they belong to. The problem is that OwnerView doesn’t take into account dependent views. So the sheet view may show the annotation but not be the OwnerView. What you can do instead is work from the sheets.

Get all sheets in your project. Get the views on those sheets. Then go through each view and check for TextNote elements. Then you’ll have all the TextNotes, their Views, and their Sheets.

4 Likes

Welcome @selcen.elif.aydar to the Forum
You attached a picture of your graph, sorry to say, by i can’t see what Nodes you are using, so helping is getting a bit difficult here.
If you go with this:

can you set up a dynamo filter and feed it a list of sheets and a yes/no selection method?
If not check the

Feel free to ask more questions (its what we eat :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Sorry about that, here is a better image:

Eventually I will be using this to import a translation of the text into the Revit File. I have a graph that creates a form to select either English or French from the Excel sheet to be input into the model. Here is an image of the graph below. In case anyone knows of better solutions of translating Revit Models, it would be great to hear it. I am very new to Dynamo so I am still figuring things out. Really appreciate the help :slight_smile: