Load 10 Family components into revit project using Dynamo

Hello all, I am a newbie to Dynamo. I just would need to create a dynamo script to load 10 family components all at one shot into a revit project with a Y offset value of 10mtrs. Also need a another script to remove or delete what i did in the first script. Please tell me the step step procedure to how do it. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hello @chitru_adesk …and welcome…normally we always share a screenshot or other material when we search help…then its just easier to help and you will get more option…

3 Likes

Thank you sir…It’s a great help. Hope you dont mind if i ask you an another favour…Please tell me how to erase the previosuly created script in dynamo. Thanks

Hi @chitru_adesk …not sure what you want to delete…but you can try a passtrough and a delete node…Please share a screenshot :wink: as it just a guess in the dark…

1 Like

Just created a script to load 10 families into revit and made it run successfully. Now i just would like to remove or delete what i did previously…using an another script. In a nutshell, Just need a script to erase what i did in the first script. Let me know if you still dont get it.

no im still not 100 sure how that workflow works…it its element from previous run you want to delete ?,then you could start your new graph with delete these element…but again just a guess

1 Like

You got it…Thats what i want…Could you just guide me how do i do it?..with new graph.

?? something here ?

Not sure what mistake i am doing…It is not deleting my previously created elements.

You will need to find and sort these elements from previus run…i guess :wink:

can you show me through nodes?

is it furniture category you want to delete, and its all of them ???

Furniture directory is just a name of the folder…I want to delete the rfa files whatever inside that directory.

allright…dont understand…you now wanna delete your families in the directory???..as you see its very difficult to help you so long you dont share anything…good luck :wink:

Sorry sir. Here’s the family files that are currently loaded into the revit project. What i want is to delete these familes inside the revit which is loaded currently, Not in my local directory.

allright…think orchid and genius loci have nodes there overwritten existing families…so try change your load family node from clockwork, with some of these…

1 Like