List.SortByKey error

I am following a tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgKwPuX04kQ) but have encountered an error that I don’t understand since i am doing everything the same way (triple checked). The error I get is that the number of items does not match the number of keys but as far as I understand it does. I do not understand where I have made an error. Please help.

Hmm I haven’t watched/done this tutorial so am not certain why you are getting different results than the tutorial, but at the moment you are supplying the node with unequal number of items in your list and number of keys. Your List.Reverse output @L2 is 10 items (the 10 sublists). Try changing the levels to @L1 for both list and keys inputs.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick response. It did stop the error but the result I am getting is completely different than the one from the tutorial and I can imagine that will have effect on the final result (which I am not ready yet to test).
You can see on the left his result and mine with L1 on the right:

Could you upload your files? It will be easier to help you get it sorted than trying to recreate the data you are working with :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I managed to fix the issue. I used L1 as you suggested and later on used a list chop to get back on track with the tutorial.
Thank you very much for your help!

Yes @ali.dobrev the chop will get you back to the list structure or you might not need the Flatten component in the first place. I would just plug the Point.Project into the ‘point’ input of the Curve.ParameterAtPoint component. Were you able to find a solution?