List of Walls with a specific Type Parameter

I am attempting to create a list of walls that have a specific type parameter that is based on Family Type. I have tried a few methods obtained by searching the forums and other sources but keep winding up with an empty list…

Get Location of Walls w-Type Parameter.rvt (1.1 MB)
Get Location of Walls w-Type Parameter.dyn (76.1 KB)

You were almost there. I made some minor changes to your second method and it works.

Another possible approach for getting a wall type by it´s type ID:

exampleCode.dyn (19.0 KB)

Since you’re looking at a type parameter I would actually suggest getting the WallTypes first rather than checking every single wall element. You can filter the WallTypes based on your type parameter and then get all walls of those types.

se.ha that works for me. Thank-you!

Hi Nick,

I wanted to explore your suggestion as it sounds like to might process faster. I’ve gathered up the wall types but run into trouble further filtering the WallTypes based on type parameter.
Walls w-Type Parameter getting WallTypes first.dyn (19.6 KB)

It looks like you’re searching the type name for the parameter name which obviously isn’t going to work. Either way, I was suggesting you start with the types instead of the instances so that you don’t have to deal with every wall instance in your project at the beginning. Something like this should work. Python is probably the best way to go about getting the wall instances from the filtered types, but you can also use this Springs node.