Leader Line Parameter for Generic Annotations

Where do you scale the box? What is the origin point used? Can you share the graph?

You can obtain the bounding box and the centroid point of a 2D element with the Annotation BoundingBox node.
Annotation BBox

2 Likes

Original center of each GA before they are inevitable moved. Here it is:

MoveGenericAnnoInCurrentView.dyn (223.4 KB)

Regarding the boundingbox for the generic annotation mentionned by @jacob.small
do it this way:

3 Likes

Thats Awesome! I wish the search was better in dynamo that node does not come up when searching bounding haha

Interesting. The elevation of the bounding box is the cut plane of the view not the level of the view.

That’s because all annotations live on the sketch plane of their host, a view. They also use that view’s workset, but that is another day’s discussion.

The one possible issue with using a bounding box here is that rotated tags will make make things interesting again.

One step at a time friend haha. There will be no rotated tags at this point, the GA’s reference an actual tag through a dynamo script, so the tags can be at the top and the smaller GA’s on drawing. If I get this working I will figure out the rotation later.

My original idea was to create a surface with the crop region then amend or “patch” (maybe I think) the tag bounding boxes the surface then find the tags which interfere with this surface but could not get it off the ground.

Thanks all the help. Re-did the script with bounding box etc.

As promised here are the results. Now I will modify this as a base to move all tags. Still need a way to generatively design it. Ie Crop region one big rectangle, tags/entities little rectangles, once little rectangle takes space of larger crop region rectangle while not occupying the space of the other small rectangles.

AddLeaderToGenericAnnotationPointedToCenterOfEquip.dyn (48.4 KB)
MoveGenericAnnoOverlappingInCurrentView.dyn (92.3 KB)
MoveTagsInCurrentView.dyn (135.6 KB)

1 Like

Got this working pretty good. Now I am wondering if there is any sense in trying to move the tags to open white space on drawing?

Right now I have three scripts: one move tags to top and places GA next to equipment and tag at top with matching number, the next script moves the GA’s so they do not overlap each other and final script I add a leader pointing to the equipment that the tag is associated with.

Thinking of expanding the second script to move the tags to white space within the drawing but kinda thinking my computer might run for days? Or is this doable?

Thanks in advance for your or anyone elses help :slight_smile: