Launch and run a Dynamo script of file open, or launch of Revit

I work for a pipe detailing company, and using Dynamo I built a script that calculates Bottom of Pipe and populates a project parameter on pipe, along with moving some data from one property set to another. This is something I’d want running all the time while working, quite possibly for our whole group. I can’t seem to find anything about making it autostart, or autoexecute on Revit launch. I swore I read something about it in the “getting started” guide a few weeks ago, but can’t seem to find/reference it now.

A little more testing I don’t think leaving it running all the time is the best idea. It definitely has a noticeable tax while running on a larger model. Now I’d like to have it activated off a button or another instance I can click to run.

I haven’t tried it but you could try http://dyno.arcprojects.ru/

it seems interesting

I downloaded a demo of it, and it doesn’t seem very functional. It basically allows you to set a path to your .DYN files, then they show in a window you can’t even seem to execute them from, only ‘edit’ in the Dynamo window.

Have you had any luck making this work since January?

Yeah, since the latest release it’s working as intended though. There’s a few parts, I wish the operation worked differently. When launched from Dyno, no matter what, it executes the script automatically. This is great for ones we’re hitting the entire drawing database on, but a number of scripts we’ve built run off selection sets, so any ‘leftover’ data gets applied on launch from Dyno. Not the end of the world, but it would be nice if Dyno read the “Automatic or Manual” trigger set in the Dynamo script.