Ladybug package, Run Radiance Analysis - simple error

Hello,

I have been learning to use Ladybug and Honeybee packages in Dynamo, but recently came across an error when the package updated.
Without success in solving the issue on my custom models, I decided to try the sample/extras files.

The extras files from the developer, are the ones available in “Manage Packages” menu, “Show Root Directory”, then “extra”.
I opened the revit model from the extras called honeybee_test_room, then in Dynamo, the graph 00_point_in_time_gridbased.dyn

Selected an .epw from a folder of mine and ran.

In the “Run Radiance Analysis” node, this error is coming up:

ERROR:
_ Failed to load the results form an empty file: c:/ladybug\dynamo_sample_files\gridbased\result\dynamo_sample_files.ill_
Double check inputs and outputs and make sure everything is run correctly.

If you think this is a bug submit an issue on github.
https://github.com/ladybug-tools/honeybee-dynamo/issues
and include below error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
_ File “”, line 41, in _
_ File “C:\Users\Juliano\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\1.3\packages\Honeybee\extra\honeybee\radiance\recipe\pointintime\gridbased.py”, line 261, in results_
_ analysisGrid.setValuesFromFile(_
_ File “C:\Users\Juliano\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\1.3\packages\Honeybee\extra\honeybee\radiance\analysisgrid.py”, line 245, in setValuesFromFile_
_ raise EmptyFileError(filePath)_
EmptyFileError: Failed to load the results form an empty file: c:/ladybug\dynamo_sample_files\gridbased\result\dynamo_sample_files.ill
Double check inputs and outputs and make sure everything is run correctly.

I think it’s weird because I can’t get the results even in the sample files. Whereas before the update I could run most of Ladybug’s nodes without problems.
Maybe I’m missing something very simple, can anyone help?

Using:
Revit 2017
Dynamo 1.3.1.1736
Honeybee 0.1.4
Ladybug 0.1.9
Radiance 5.1.0

Thanks in advance

Replying to myself because I think I found something and maybe somebody in the future has the same problem.

I found this thread on github (people were discussing just hours ago)

So basically I installed Radiance into C: instead of “Program Files” or a custom path, and it fixed it, everything is running smoothly again.

1 Like