Label & Band Sets

I tried to find nodes for alignment, profile label sets and profile view band sets in Civil3DToolkit, Camber & Arkance packages but with no luck. Can anybody show me how I can get drop down data (menu) selection nodes for label and band sets in dynamo?

Hi @Ahmed.Kamal.Moussa ,

When I have to create dropdown menus myself I always use the Data-Shapes package.

1 Like

I think you can get the band set styles from iterating through the list of band set styles with a count of the number of band set styles using exposed info here through python?
https://help.autodesk.com/view/CIV3D/2023/ENU/?guid=3d7d077d-5517-f48f-90f9-178fbe17b2fd

Can you see this

And

1 Like

For the profile label sets in particular, there’s a reason they haven’t been added to Camber, and I suspect the reason might be the same for the others as well. See response below. The same applies for alignment label sets.

I’m assuming you’re looking to add alignment and/or profile label sets? Or do you want to access the styles?

1 Like

Regarding dropdowns, you can either try DataShapes or create your own. The latter requires inheriting from this abstract base class. There are lots of examples in the Camber source that I can point you to if needed.

1 Like

Zachri,

I believe this is what you’re talking about in the camber source? → Camber/StyleDropDownBase.cs at a4d6e489b03743c15ef60f32840835d2e4ca5d5a · mzjensen/Camber · GitHub
But how would this be implemented in a graph? Would it be added into a python node or something?

No. This is getting into the realm of fully custom nodes with C#.

1 Like

Got it. Thanks for clarifying!

All I want is a node for both Profile Label Set & Profile View Band Set to be something like Select Layers & Select Profile Style Nodes shown in the below shot. A drop menu selection showing the current label sets found in the working file.

I’ll do my best to try to figure it out when I can find some time. Although I have no idea what I’m doing either :joy:

Thank you for your answers. I think I found the best solution for now to acquire the drawing Profile Label Set & Profile View Band Set styles and create a drop list/menu for them to be user input, using “Civil3DToolkit” package and especially “DocumentExtensions.GetDocumentStyles” node. Please take a look at the screenshot and tell me if there’s a better solution.

1 Like